Back to solutions
Methodology of the study
- 6-10 users
- Results in 2 to 3 weeks
- Allows to generate ideas, ideal for creating or developing your projects, organizing for example different workshops (card sorting, crazy8, etc ...).
- Duration of sessions: 2 hours
- Moderated by a professional facilitator
- In a room with all users, most often with one-way glass
What types of studies can you do with this methodology?
Here are some non-exhaustive examples:
Deliverables of a focus group
- Report with analysis
- Material resulting from group work if this is the case
- Video capture of sessions ( to be validated before the project)
- UX recommendations
- Room rental and management
- Post-study coaching
How does the study take place?
- The Success call allows us to finalise with you the objectives and the protocol of the focus group.
- We recruit users according to the targeting criteria identified together upstream.
- We invite to the focus group more users than the desired number, in order to avoid withdrawals.
- We write the interview guide, based on your goals. This guide will be followed by the facilitator during the focus group sessions.
- During the study, the facilitator is assisted by another professional who transcripts the sessions.
- Participants are invited to various workshops, tests and scenarios to explore your issues.
- A video capture of the sessions are recorded.
The advice of the Ferpection expert
"So that a good group dynamic can take place, it's important to have consistent profiles within the same group.... and heterogeneous profiles from one group to another to diversify your target."
- Anaïs Valentin, User Research Director at Ferpection
Why do a focus group with Ferpection?
- The quantitative survey is one of the specialties of our User Research Director. She has since shared her expertise with her team.
- We have combined these skills with Ferpection DNA, specialist in UX and digital interfaces.
- We accompany you from A to Z for your focus group.
Discover our other methodologies
* Licence/Copyrights: Freepik